Though this is a month of indulging more in prayers,new snacks are also introduced in this month and innovative dishes are invented at this time of the year.This is because during ifthar (breaking of fast), all the believers break their fast with fruits,juices and few snacks.To avoid repetition of the same dishes again and again,few new items are also introduced and innovated in this month.
Today am gonna introduce crispy fried chicken which is one of the best dishes of my bhaabhi,Amina.This chicken fry has got lots of flavor in it coz of the ingredients like ginger and garlic.This can be served as a snack or starter or as a side dish instead of the ordinary chicken fry.Now over to the recipe...
Makes about 17 to 18 pieces,marination time:30 minutes to 1 hour,Cooking time:30 minutes(in two batches)
1 Kg Chicken (cut into medium sized pieces)
1 Inch Ginger
6 Big cloves of Garlic (If small,take 12cloves)
3 Tablspn Cornflour
1 Tspn Salt
4 to 5 Green Chillies
1 Tablspn Vinegar
1 Tspn Pepper Powder
Oil for frying
6 Tablspn Maida/Flour
- Clean the chicken pieces well and keep it in a strainer to drain excess water in the chicken.
- Grind ginger,garlic and green chillies to a paste,not too fine.
- Break in the egg to a bowl and mix in the ground paste,salt,pepper,vinegar and the cornflour.
- Toss in the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Keep it for about 1 hour to get marinated.
- After 1 hour,the pieces are ready to be fried.
- In a small plate,spread 3 tablespoon of maida/flour.
- Now take each pieces and dust them with flour by simply tossing it in the dry flour.
- Coat the pieces well with the flour.
- Now deep fry the chicken pieces in medium flame,so that it gets cooked well.
- Remove and drain in a kitchen towel.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or serve with main course.As such itself is a great snack.
Note: Crispy chicken should be served hot or else it tends to be soggy and cannot enjoy the crispiness.