Serves :4; Makes:13 Aappams; Soaking time:2 hours; Rising time:2 hours:Preparation :30 to 40 minutes
1 Cup Grated Coconut
1 1/4 Cooked Parboiled Rice
Salt to taste
1/2 Tspn Yeast
1 Tspn Sugar
- Soak washed Pachari for 2 hours.After 2 hours drain the water.
- Now mix all the ingredients and blend in a mixer until it is ground into smooth paste.
- While grinding,water should be added to the level upto which the raw materials are in the blender.
- Keep the consistency in a way that it is neither too thick nor too watery.
- Now keep this mixture covered to ferment near the stove for about 2 hours so that it gets maximum heat for the yeast to rise.
- After 2 hours,take it and its ready to make aappams.
- Heat an iron kadai,rub it with some vegetable oil and pour the batter little in a way that it is enough to make these round shapes and this thick.Only the thing is to make the aappam thick at the center.
- Now just round the kadai soon so that it sticks to the sides of the kadai.
- Close it with the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- You can check if it is done by touching the center of the aappam.If it does not stick to the fingers,then it is done.
- Now leaven the sides of the aappam from the kadai with the help of a spatula.
- Serve hot with egg curry,chicken curry or chana masala.