And now I dedicate it to my loving father's best friend,Abdulla uncle.I remember how badly my father wanted us to serve uncle the best beef roast and neypathiri all the time he visit us.Paining memories.....Even now we try to serve our uncle and his family the best beef roast and neypathiri.
I believe there is no one to beat my mother in this recipe.She is such an expert in this dish that you will surely crave for it the next time.And ya my Ithoumma(mother in law) is also an expert in this dish.I find her's similar to my mother's.Luv u uppa and luv u ummas......
Now over to the recipe.....
Serves:4;Preparation time:30 Minutes;Cooking Time:1 Hour
1 Kg Beef cut,cleaned and drained
2 Medium Sized Onions sliced
2 Tomatoes sliced
1 1/2 Inch Ginger Crushed
10 Cloves(big) Garlic crushed
4 Green Chilllies or to taste
1 1/2 Tblspn Chilli Powder
1 1/2Tblspn Coriander Powder
1/2 Tspn Fenugreek Powder(Roasted and powdered)
1/2 Tspn Cumin Powder(Roasted and Powdered)
1/4 Tspn Turmeric Powder
Few Curry Leaves
Salt to taste
1/2 Tspn Garam Masala powder
1/2 Tspn Pepper powder
2 + 1 Tblspn Coconut Oil
- First heat a pressure cooker and spoon in the 2 Tblspn oil.
- Saute the onions with salt until it becomes transparent.
- Then add the split green chillies,garlic and ginger to it.
- When the aroma comes,add the tomatoes and keep the lid on and let it cook in low flame for 5 minutes or until the tomatoes become mushy.
- Add the chilli powder,coriander powder and turmeric powder to it and mix well.
- Then add the beef to it immediately and mix well.Now put the lid and vent weight on and cook until 4 whistles.
- When the pressure inside escapes open the lid and add garam masala and pepper powder and stir it.
- You can see water in it,though we haven't added any.
- Keep the pressure cooker open and keep the stove in medium flame and stir continuously until the moisture evaporates completely.
- For this,you can transfer the entire stuff to a non stick pan so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Finally when it is dry(not too much,because it tends to dry more when cooled),add the fenugreek powder and cumin powder and spoon in the extra 1 Tblspn oil reserved and add curry leaves.
- Now toss/stir the stuff occassionally until the curry leaves gets fried up from it.