I have always wanted to have varieties in chicken recipes,because chicken's chemistry with any type of masala and any type of innovation is simply superb.
750 gms Chicken(with or without bones,cut into pieces which is half the size of chilli chicken pieces)
3 Medium Sized Onions Sliced
1 1/2 Large Tomatoes Sliced
6 to 7 Large Cloves of Garlic Crushed
1 1/2 inch Piece of Ginger Crushed
3/4 Cup Grated Coconut
4 Green Chillies cut into slits
Salt to taste
1 1/2 Tblspn Red Chilli Powder
3/4 Tblspn Coriander Powder
1/4 Tspn Turmeric Powder
Few Curry leaves
2 Tblspn + 2 Tblspn Coconut Oil
1/2 Tspn Garam Masala Powder
1/2 Cup of water
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces and keep on a sieve so that the excess water drains.
- In a non stick pan,heat 2 Tblspn oil and add onions to it.
- Add salt and saute the onions until brown.
- Add ginger and garlic crushed.
- Saute for few seconds until the raw smell goes.
- Add tomatoes and green chillies to it,cover and saute until the tomatoes are mushy and the oil separates.
- Now add in the chicken pieces,chilli powder,coriander powder and turmeric powder to it and stir well.
- Pour in water and let it cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally
- When the gravy is about to dry,spoon in grated coconut and cook for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally.Finally add garam masala and give a stir.
- Now spoon in 2 Tblspn coconut oil and curry leaves and stir continuously for 2 minutes so that it dries up well.
|Chicken Coconut Roast served with plain pathiris|